Friday, March 25, 2016
In this week's Ryan Rundown: House Speaker Paul Ryan delivers a speech criticizing the "ugliness" of presidential season politics, triggering a slew of commentary from pundits.
The Janesville Republican also prepares to lead the 2016 GOP convention this summer.
- Paul Ryan defends NATO in AIPAC speech
- House Speaker Paul Ryan is using a speech before America's leading pro-Israel group to hammer the Obama administration for the landmark nuclear deal with Iran
- Paul Ryan begins speech at AIPAC
- Ryan: 'No reason' to fear threat to Capitol
- As House speaker, Ryan gets unexpected task of leading unpredictable, 2016 GOP convention
- Ryan to deliver speech on 'disheartening' state of politics
- Ryan slams 'ugliness' in politics amid Trump-driven chaos
- Ryan's speech a clear rebuke to 'Trumpism'
- Ryan: Trump is not an authoritarian
- Now the world knows if Paul Ryan thinks Donald Trump is a fascist
- Ryan is trying to save the GOP from Donald Trump
- Ryan begins backing House Republicans away from Donald Trump
- Trump to campaign in Paul Ryan's backyard
- Paul Ryan addresses political clashes, but not congressional gridlock
- Ryan rejects conservatives' demands, insists on passing budget before spending bills
- No budget, no blame? Members won't fault Ryan if House doesn't pass a budget
- Why did Senate leadership close this policy avenue to House conservatives?
- Paul Ryan and House GOP continue to push for spending increases
- Donald Trump is not Paul Ryan's only roadblock
- Congress digs in for a turf war over poverty
- Paul Ryan defends the Little Sisters of the Poor ahead of Supreme Court showdown
- Ryan defends the Little Sisters of the Poor: 'The last thing the federal government should do is make their jobs harder'
- How would Paul Ryan do against Hillary?
- Rep. Tom Cole keeps hope alive for Paul Ryan as GOP nominee in a contested convention
- Paul Ryan's commitment to 'regular order' collides with major heroin legislation
- Ryan rips Trump for comments on rioting [Massey]
- PolitiFact: Is Paul Ryan right about how many Americans think the country is headed in the wrong direction?
- PolitiFact: Paul Ryan says Cuba is a 'safe harbor' for fugitives and terrorists
- Stan Collender: Paul Ryan is cheating on the GOP
- Jared Bernstein: Paul Ryan would rather you didn't know what he was up to on taxes
- Albert Hunt: U.S. Congress is forgotten, but it isn't gone
- Joan McCarter: Ryan is having a hard time accepting the reality of Donald Trump
- Charles Pierce: Paul Ryan's latest speech said one thing: He's running
- Matt Lewis: Ryan can't be expected to condemn Trump
- Janet Allon: Paul Krugman obliterates Paul Ryan's stubborn economic ignorance
- Paul Krugman: On invincible ignorance ... Paul Ryan?
- Paul Ryan quietly aiming for the presidency? 3 columns that suggest he is
- Elias Isquith: Clock is ticking on Paul Ryan
- Seth Chandler: Speaker Paul Ryan should intervene right now in risk corridor class action
- Speaker Paul Ryan: What America can be
- Jonathan Chait: Why Paul Ryan opposes divisive politics
- Callum Borchers: Dear reporters, don't forget Paul Ryan said he would support Donald Trump as the GOP nominee
- Nicholas Berman: Paul Ryan denounces you-know-who
- John Feehery: Paul Ryan is right. Will anyone listen? Trump is the symptom but not the root of the incivility that threatens our political process.
- Kevin Drum: Paul Ryan says he regrets calling the poor 'takers.' That isn't enough
- Dana Milbank: Paul Ryan's cowardly neutrality on Trump
- Simon Maloy: Paul Ryan looks past Trump
- Nigel Roberts: Ryan: I've evolved on poverty issue, apologize for callousness
- Katherine Speller: How Paul Ryan is hinting he's unhappily resigned to a Donald Trump nomination
- Pascal-Emmanuel Gobry: Paul Ryan had a very civilized response to Donald Trump. He should have been uncivilized.
- Paul Waldman: Paul Ryan has seen the light on Republican divisiveness. There's only one problem.
- Steve Benen: Why Paul Ryan's political diagnosis falls far short
- Heather Digby Parton: Don't believe Paul Ryan's bogus "apology"
- Derek Thompson: Can Paul Ryan's pleasant language sell his divisive policies? If your ideas hurt people, it doesn't matter what you call them.
- Nat'l Tax Limitation's Lewis Uhler and Peter Ferrara: Paul Ryan and Kevin McCarthy ride again: Young Guns morph into senior policy sharpshooters
- David D. Haynes: Paul Ryan needs to stop playing Mr. Nice Guy with Donald Trump
Back to DC Wrap main page
Copyright ©2012 WisPolitics.com All rights reserved. |
WisOpinion.com | WisBusiness.com | Website development by wisnet.com LLC | Website design by Makin’ Hey Communications